Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shallow

Walked down the hill last night for a meal with a former colleague J & her flatmate K - although I'm not sure that 30mins walking completely justified a fab plate of tagliatelle, cream and mushrooms... bad indigestion followed & I couldn't sleep.

So I read instead - Louise Kean's "The Perfect 10" - which despite being a light chicklit novel has well observed description of what it's like to lose lots of fat & how it impacts your head. Now thinking about "what's it all for?" is making me think - I'm not down as such, but definitely not overcome with the joys of spring. The main character stating how she's become more vain definitely hit home! Feeling shallow about being so focussed on my weight, my appearance and my own fitness level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a book!
You are fab and there's nothing wrong with being pleased with yourself for improving fitness, health, and weight. Tell the "shitty committee" to shut up.