Sunday, March 11, 2007

No Longer Obese Bird


Weighed myself today - 79 kilos which makes me un-obese! I'm not a big fan of BMI measurements as they don't differentiate between muscle mass & fatty mass - but I can't pretend that I'm not chuffed to fall into a different category.

Gym on Saturday evening, following a very pleasant day shopping with A in Bath. Stuck to x trainer and weights as my legs were still aching from Thursday.

Today should have been a stretching 20 mile route NE of Salisbury but it was soon apparent that Husband wasn't well - he wasn't delivering any power to his pedals and was looking scarlet faced & v.sweaty after just 1 climb. I failed to persuade him to turn back (he had his determined face on!) but we persuaded M&A to carry on ahead as it was going to be a long slow ride for us! The SNB then took charge & its chain then snapped, caused by a bent cog. So even Husband had to admit defeat! he did a quick repair job on the bike & we pedalled back to car. So just 6 miles!

I was still feeling in need of some exercise so went for a run this afternoon but tried off road for the first time. Started off in woods close to the house & did a 5.2km route. Resorted to walking at one very muddy section - so I was amazed that I did 5km in 33:09! Beautiful day & it helped me to remember just how pleasant the area so close to the house is. And I acieved sweaty muddiness without a bike....

Then went to Hayling Island with Husband as it was just too good weather not to be outside - I took the photos here. Wandered along the beach & Husband got his sea fix - something to do with being born/brought up at the seaside apparently.
Just spotted that A has her Race for Life fundraising site up & running - click here to view & donate!

No comments: