Monday, March 05, 2007

Black Eye and Raspberry Pink Insoles

Thursday – went to gym but only did a little CV work as I wanted to focus on weights. Used 4 machines (more than my usual 1) but I struggled to fill an hour. If I do this again, will ask Husband if he doesn’t mind a shorter swim.

Friday – gym again as Husband was feeling guilty about the bacon cheeseburger and chips he’d had for lunch! 20 mins Xtrainer, 22 mins interval jogging. It was a great opportunity to try out my beautiful new trainers – Brooks Addiction again with even more technical features in the spec of the 2007 version to deal with my extreme over pronation (I run like a penguin – but without the iceberg belly slides!). Sadly, I’m equally impressed with the raspberry pink insoles…

Saturday – shovelling s**t! Moved a heap of manure from a field in the Meon Valley to the allotment with Husband, M&A (with cars – that’d be a long long walk with a wheelbarrow!). Managed to get bitten by something just under my left eye – and thanks to my immune system’s over reaction, I now have a puffy black eye…

Great lunch afterwards courtesy of A.

Sunday – should have been cycling but cried off after looking at the forecast of heavy rain & wind. M&A still went – but for a shorter, less exposed route than the one we’d planned. Went to the gym instead. Very pleased as I was able to up my interval training session on the treadmill up to 24 mins at an average of 10kph! So long as I keep pushing up the times, 5K in 30 minutes by July looks eminently achievable.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

for shorter, less exposed route, read: shorter, less exposed, MUDDIER route! Was faster than my Dirt Dog hubby - I really was the Mud Monkey on Sunday!