Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wilting

Yesterday was a great day for the air con in Esporta in Hemel to be having a bad hair day. Allegedly, it was working - but pretty ineffectually! Gym instructor came to talk to me about it & suggested that I drink lots and don't push myself too hard - useful advice but I'd already decided that I needed to adapt my routine for heat.

So, 30 mins on the X trainer followed by 30 mins cycling and some weight training.
The showers at Hemel aren't reliably suppplied with hot water - last night though, I was very grateful for the tepid-cold shower experience!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

M thinks it a good idea for me to cycle home tomorrow. I think not but don't have the courage to fight this one. I know I need to exercise more and eat less. Any plans I mention to M are "you always say that, I beleive it when I see it" which leads him to prescribing exercise which he thinks will be good for me. Sometimes I do not like cycling.......in fact, the most fit I have ever been was when I was doing 2-3 hours of ballroom dancing a week (admittedly I had to cycle there). M suggesting cycling as an answer to my fitness issues is like me suggesting he just "grins and bears it" when kicking the cigarettes....

Sorry for the rant - boy do I feel better!