Sunday, July 16, 2006

Good weekend for me - rubbish for the big D

Lovely weekend! Thoroughly enjoyed it but it was rubbish for the big D as I ate and drank loads. And loads. And then a bit more.... I'm still OK for the week as a whole if I count my exercise calories - so it could be worse.

Should have gone to gym on Friday but was too tired post interview & commute so hit the supermarket instead. Then curled up with husband & a bottle of rose.

Saturday: 19.5mile bike ride (v.virtuous) with husband, A&M, S&X and Z followed by pizza, wine & DVD (much less virtuous!) with A & Z. Ride was in the New Forest - probably the easiest 19.5 miles ever (never needed to come down from 3rd gear) but beautiful weather, great scenery & good company.

X came off her bike after splashing through a ford but was unharmed - and back on her bike again very quickly. I was quite pleased with my speed. Hit the pub afterwards and kind of wished we could have just stayed there.

Really good to see A out on her bike again - I missed you!!!

Sunday: presentation writing & housework followed by last minute barbie with husband, A & M. Feeling moderately merry now following a couple of gins.

No comments: