Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yay - back in my cycling trousers again!

Just completed a 14 mile circuit from the house.

Went with Husband, M, S & X. X has a lovely new shiny bike, S has just bought MS's and M was showing off lots of shiny new parts on his bike that he got 4 his birthday as well as new cycling shoes. So I would have felt a bit left out of the "exciting new stuff" conversations - except I am just as excited about achieveing my first Big D objective - back in my cycling trousers again!

Route was pretty good fo the first half - skirted stoke woods and took bridle pathsup to Owslebury then up towards Morestead. Not so good for the second bit as we stuck to road so that S & X could get back in time fo the football. Apparently there's a game on today....

Nature stuff - hedgerows are still loooking good with dog roses in bloom. Poppies are in full gorgeous red bloom atm in the fields. Apart from that, not much out of the ordinary. However, I did see a striking red moth whilst jogging yesterday that I must look up.

And more exercise is planned for later today - only a 35 minute walk down into Eastleigh to pick up the car but every little helps.

2103 calories of exercise this week - well up on the 1313 last week. I feel smug!

No comments: