Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another blister....

Went jogging for the first time in ages on Saturday. As we were due to go to M's beer fest 40th birthday thing, I was really keen to do some kind of exercise so that I could drink lots of beer without jeopardising the big D. We were going to go to the gym but the pool was timetabled to be a kids' session so Husband would have had a bad time. Instead, I figured I should try running again. 45 slow slow minutes to do 5km - 3X1 mile circuits from the house. Nice blister on my left foot.

I stopped running alone outside as I got very wound up about people yelling stuff at me from their cars. First 2 miles were good - but I got a car honking me on the 3rd mile - really don't understand why people do that - it tends to be young-ish blokes in rubbish cars. I'm on the pavement - not in their way or affecting their driving in any way.

So the jury is out as to whether I go out again alone. 1 car honking doesn't sound like a big deal but I'm nervous about getting yelled at again...

No comments: