Monday, February 26, 2007

Cross Training Sunday

I was so rubbish at biking yesterday! We (Husband, M&A) went to Bracknell Forest where I discovered that my confidence on single track has declined over winter to an even lower level. Gave up & joined A on forest tracks instead - she is still getting over a cold so her lungs weren't delivering enough for lengthy riding.

After lunch, headed home & went to the gym in the evening. I was feeling upset that I was so rubbish in the morning but attempted to turn this into energy on the treadmill! Sadly, the new Take That track seemed to help me to achieve this! 15 mins on the X trainer, 22 mins interval work on the treadmill.
Then joined Husband in the spa pool for a bit.

I saw my sister D on Saturday night - very enjoyable evening even though we lost the rugby. She put things in perspective for me - I'm very privileged to be able to devote as much time as I do to exercise. My niece can't be transported in the double buggy with her little brother anymore - which seriously curtails D's mobility and options - wheelchairs with buggy attachments for siblings don't seem to exist! She's trying to work out how to fit 1 session of exercise into her schedule atm though - hope she can!

No comments: