Sunday, February 11, 2007

Another Muddy Sunday

Very pleased with myself on Friday at the gym - I averaged 10kph for 20 minutes. This is a significant step towards achieving my goal of doing the 5K Race for life in 30 minutes (I hope!). Just need to work up the time now to 30 mins - which is definitely achievable as I didn't feel too tired after this session.


Just as important, Husband swam - his knee is still not 100% perfect, but it was brilliant that he managed to swim his 50 lengths.


On Sunday, did the HCC Farley Mount route with Husband and M. It's normally a reasonable ride - not too difficult - but not today! Ended up carrying my bike down the Clarendon Way section - the mud was clagging up the wheels so much that they wouldn't turn. And just 10 feet after scraping the mud off to free the wheel, it clagged up again! Deep joy. I had a bramble scratch my forehead so had an arty trickle of blood down my face towards the end! Husband's knee was playing up - he is loads faster than he was.


Gorgeous snowdrops on banks everywhere. And I can't beleive that it didn't rain on us given that it had been raining on and off all weekend.

On a completely unrelated topic, I was really chuffed when one of Husband's work acquaintances who we bumped into at the gym on Friday told me how impressed with his apparent loss of weight. He's actually lost fat though rather than weight - and is gaining loads of muscle - definitely a good thing!

No comments: