Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dog Walking

I couldn't cycle on Monday as my face was still tender & swollen from the bone graft. So instead, I hitched a lift with Husband who was meeting J&B and A&M for a bike ride in the Forest. Whilst they pedalled over the horizon, I took J's corgi Sally for a walk. Horrendous traffic - we should know better by now than to attempt the Forest on a bank holiday!

2 and a half hours later, came back to car park with slightly tired looking corgi. She was very tolerant of being dragged around by me, posed for some pics and was very well behaved but she seemed very pleased to see J afterwards!

Very grateful to Sally that I didn't have to bag up any dog poo en route as I think that falls into the category of life skills I don't intend to acquire (along with changing nappies and changing tyres).

J did incredibly well - cycling 19.7 miles, almost all off road, despite not having cycled at all for at least a year. A was also chuffed as she could remember doing the same route just a few weks ago & finding it so much easier this time.

Rounded off the day nicely with a drink & meal in Burley.

No comments: