Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Big D - what works for me whitter

Food that's really helped me so far with the Big D:
  • Rice cakes - weirdly nice - I like the plain ones with low fat soft cheese but also love caramel snack-a-jacks.
  • Big punnets of cherry tomatoes - I've been getting through 275-450g per day, snacking whilst I work. High fill factor & I feel as if I am eating lots of food.
  • M&S ready meals - way too many of these recently but I love the Steam range that manages to taste good as opposed to just being virtuous.
  • Parmesan cheese & high cocoa solid dark chocolate - loads of flavour in not very much volume.
  • Smoked trout, smoked haddock, smoked salmon - again, oodles of flavour.
  • Microwave porridge for breakfast - quick, satisfying & keeps me full til lunchtime.
  • Cereal bars - esp alpen light - v.useful for breakfast in the car.
  • Courgettes at barbecues this summer - I can have a plateful of food without blowing out big D.
  • Solero ice lollies - much more satisfying than a low fat yoghurt!
Food that really doesn't work for me:
  • Low fat yoghurts - no fill factor & often taste bad...
  • Fruit juice - loads of calories for no fill factor & not as good for me as eating the fruit instead...
  • Diet ready meals that are only a tad under the calorie level of tastier options.
  • Boring cereal bars which appear to be nought but puffed rice.

No comments: