Monday, May 22, 2006

No cheese no chocolate no chips no life

Embarked on the dreaded "D" word today - resurrected my membership to the www.weightlossresources.co.uk website which I've found suits my aversion to diet sheets/plans and the weight watchers opaque points system. So long as calories in minus calories out (i.e. exercise) = less than 1500 calories per day, I'm OK.

Blog title is misleading as I will still be ingesting cheese and chocolate - but will be exercising restraint! I think it suits me because I feel that it allows me to enjoy food by having what I fancy.

Anyway, back to exercise - some interesting numbers - the calories that are expended doing everyday type stuff (based on 20 minutes and applying to somebody my weight):

Ironing 42, Hoovering 74, Laundry 45, Weeding 111, Digging 190, Mowing 164, Supermarket shopping with a trolley 74, Going up & down stairs 201

Hmmm - is ironing less appealing than going to the gym?!

1 comment:

Rahsickles said...

oooooh, get thee self a pedometer from millets- £9.99 its the breast cancer awareness pedo which calculates your steps, & how many cals you have burned whilst walking, it's great :)

ooh, if you get it from blacks at the mo it's £19.99!