Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Finally made it to the gym

Got out of work before 7pm last night so managed to get to the gym for the first time in ages. I'm booked to do the 10K Great Manchester run in a couple of weeks - I've given up on the idea of running it all so I used last night to work out my walk run routine. I did 60 minutes on the treadmill, alternating running with walking and spent equal time on both. I covered 7K. So for the Manchester run, the plan is to run 1km then walk 1km. I'm loathe to even think about the time but I think it should be possible to do it in less than 90mins even with the walk/run plan in place. Much slower than last year but things have changed alot for me since then.

It's a great event - good viewsof the ever changing Manchester/Salford centre, lots of people and a real mix if serious and non-serious runners. My middle sister and her bloke are running too - except that they really will be running - both are aiming for times significantly sub 60mins.

No comments: