Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Fat Bird Does Exercise

This is an attempt to give myself a sense of achievement from being active over the next year. I don't have a petite, sylph like figure and I find exercising is much more enjoyable than depriving myself of the good things in life (chocolate, chips, cheese, crisps, beer - got to move on as this is making me hungry!).

Motivation's been a bit of an issue of late - I've recently changed jobs and I'm finding that having less leisure time has resulted in much less exercise time.

Hence - this blog. I'm hoping that after a year or so, I'll be able to track what I have actually achieved and feel good as opposed to only remembering not making it to the gym recently and feeling bad.

So - exercise..... Love mountain biking so this should feature lots - which is good as it's probably the most photogenic of my exercise activities...... Don't really love running but I do some so hopefully I can feature that too..... Gym is OK but I promise not to clog up this blog with vast quantities of stats..... Swimming - I'm a dreadful swimmer but I guess it should figure somewhere!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Welcome to the blogsphere. You are doing yourself an injustice with the name though. I think this blog may help to guilt trip me in to joining you on your next ride (which hopefully won't be a 21 miler!).

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

Yup - will be shorter but won't be for a couple of weeks as will be away.

Kitty said...

P.S Cheeky request: Can I borrow the book after you have finished?